Released Catel 5.0.0
Today we have released Catel 5.0.0. The list below shows the most important changes. We also have a full list of changes. This release is a major step towards a smaller and easier to maintain version of Catel.
This release is a major release, meaning it contains (lots of) breaking changes. We strongly recommend to update to the latest version. The longer you wait, the harder it will be to update in the future.
New issue tracker
We’ve moved the issue tracker from JIRA to GitHub. This makes it easier for developers that already have a GitHub account to create tickets and contribute to Catel.
Platform support changes
Added support for the following platforms:
- .NET 4.7
Removed support for the following platforms:
- .NET 4.0
- Silverlight 5
- Windows Phone 8.0 (Silverlight)
- Windows Phone 8.1 (Silverlight)
- Windows Phone 8.1 (Runtime)
- Windows 8.1 (Runtime)
Assemblies / components changes
Removed support for the following components:
- Catel.Extensions.Controls (moved to Orc.Controls & Orchestra)
- Catel.Extensions.DynamicObjects (moved to Orc.DynamicObjects)
- Catel.Extensions.EntityFramework (moved to Orc.EntityFramework)
- Catel.Extensions.FluentValidation (moved to Orc.FluentValidation)
- Catel.Extensions.Memento (moved to Orc.Memento)
- Catel.Extensions.Prism5 (moved to Orc.Prism)
- Catel.Extensions.Prism6 (moved to Orc.Prism)