Released Catel 4.3.0
Today we have released Catel 4.3.0. The list below shows the most important changes. We also have a full list of changes.
We strongly recommend to update to the latest version. The longer you wait, the harder the updates will be in the future.
Notice for future versions
Our mission is to make Catel easier to maintain in the future. One way to achieve this is to remove unused features and components. We are actively removing features by marking them obsolete. If nobody complains, we will remove the features in the next major release:
We are still heavily investing into Catel on all possible platforms. Interested in helping out? Let us know!
Most important changes in 4.3
We won’t list all the changes here, we have an issue tracker for that. But here are the most important changes:
- This releases adds support to Windows 10 Universal App Projects as real UAP projects. This means that the libraries are fully tested on Windows 10 Universal App Projects and work with .NET native.
- Add DeviceHelper so it’s easy to determine on what kind of device the code is being executed
- Support array deserialization in all serializers (Xml, Binary, Json)
- Improved designer support by automatically initializing all classes that derive from DesignTimeInitializer.
- Support async canceling on closing event of DataWindow